I have a few pet peeves (just ask my wife), but most of them involve toothpaste lids and ketchup on steak. One that crosses into the professional side of my life though is hearing those in industry complain that they “can’t hire good people” or that there is a “skills shortage.” It’s not a pet peeve because it’s not true. It’s a pet peeve because an answer is sitting right in front of them.
Drew Locher of Change Management Associates addresses this very issue, and the obvious solution, in a new article. Thanks, as always, to Drew for his ongoing thought leadership to the improvement community and business in general. Read Drew’s article here, and then join your peers at the 2019 TWI Summit (February 21-22, 2019 in Savannah, GA) where you will learn first-hand how companies are addressing real problems with the proven methodologies of TWI Job Instruction, Job Methods, and Job Relations.
See you at the Summit!
Dwayne A. Butcher
Lean Frontiers, Inc.
TWI Learning Resources
- Drew Locher’s Article: We Can’t Find Good Help!
- Annual Conference: TWI Summit (February 21-22, 2019, Savannah, GA)
- Annual Conference: TWI & Kata Summit Europe (June 11-12, 2019, Malmo, Sweden)
- A TWI Primer: What is TWI?
- eBook by Jim Huntzinger: The Roots of Lean: TWI
- TWI Knowledge Certification: Video Lessons & Knowledge Certification Quiz