My Role: Lean Coaching
Lean Coaching Skills
There are two important aspects of being an effective lean coach…
- Deepening expertise on the many tools, techniques, thinking, and behaviors of a lean management system.
- Understanding of human systems and techniques for leading others.
The Lean Frontiers Learning Loop takes you from basic awareness and knowledge through skill development and mastery. The annual Lean Coaching Summit is a key “check-in” for those at every stage of the learning loop.
Combining the Head and
Heart of Coaching
- Access our free resource listing to begin your learning journey.
- Attend the annual Lean Coaching Summit where you’ll learn from thought leaders and practitioners.
- 2 aspects of Coaching that provide practical skills can be found in TWI Job Relations and the Coaching Kata. Learn from practitioners at the TWI Summit, Kata Summit, and TWI & Kata Summit Europe.
- Take a deep dive into TWI Job Relations with the online course, Leadership – Keeping Relationships Direct, Strong and True with TWI Job Relations
- Develop coaching skills with the hands-on, 10-Hour open enrollment SkillPoint for Toyota Kata Workshop
- From the TWI Institute: Toyota Kata 40-hour Train-the-trainer.
- Learn by doing, sustained over time.
UPCOMING EVENTS RELATED TO Lean Coaching
Get involved with Lean Frontiers
Lean Coaching Resources
Leaders’ Actions Speak but Their Talk Matters in a Lean/CI Culture by David Verble (Part One in Series)
Why the Way Managers and Leaders Talk to Employees in a Matter for Concern by David Verble (Part 2 in Series)
Want to be a Better Lean Leader and Coach: Listen to Yourself by David Verble (Part 3 in Series)