Inside Out Transformation
The success of lean initiatives does not only come from a better process but also from a better way of managing and leading the people in the process. This workshop shows the way and teaches the people skills needed by leaders to transform their organization into a people centric, engaged lean culture. The workshop is based on personal experiences and uses many illustrations and hands on exercises.
Many companies have successfully implemented lean principles and tools needed to successfully transform their organizations. Unfortunately, principles and tools without establishing a lean culture will frequently fail to deliver all that is possible. A lean transformation requires new ways to manage people in the new lean environment, which creates a people centric, collaborative and innovative culture.
This workshop focuses on the critical people skills observed at many successful lean organizations, like Toyota, and also addresses concepts like people-centric lean management, respect for people, upside-down leadership, motivation and engagement and many more. Hands-on activities and examples from real-life experiences present workshop attendees with lean behaviors they can begin to model in their organizations
By attending this presentation, what will attendees be able to do upon returning to work on Monday?
- Change behaviors to lead a more successful lean transformation
- Be a better influencer, manager, leader, and coach
About the Facilitators:
Norbert Majerus Owner and Founder – Norbert Majerus Consulting Ltd.
Beginning in 2005, Norbert implemented a principles-based lean product development process at the three Global Innovation Centers of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. For more than a decade he was Goodyear’s lean champion in research and development.
Norbert, born and raised in Luxembourg, has a Master’s degree in Chemistry from the Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany. He joined Goodyear in Luxembourg in 1978, transferred to Akron in 1983, and has worked most disciplines in the Goodyear innovation centers in Luxembourg and Akron.
In 2016, Norbert published his first book, Lean-Driven Innovation (Norbert Majerus, CRC Press, 2016), which received the Shingo Research Award. Also in 2016, with Norbert’s guidance the Goodyear R&D organization applied for and received the AME Excellence Award. Norbert is a popular keynote speaker and has conducted workshops in the United States and many other countries. Since retiring from Goodyear in 2018, he continues to share his extensive lean expertise via Norbert Majerus Consulting.
– Holds several Goodyear chairman and CTO awards
– Holds 60 U.S. patents and trade secrets, as well as numerous international patents
– Master blackbelt six sigma and master blackbelt in lean
– Featured speaker and popular teacher at many lean and innovation events
– Fluent in English, German. French, and Luxembourgish
– Work experience — innovation, new product design, equipment design, manufacturing, new product marketing and launch, new tire design, original equipment tire design, activity-based accounting, TQM, project management, ISO 9001 and other global OE quality standards, tire design standards, six sigma, lean innovation and lean product development