The Improvement Kata & TWI Working in Tandem –
A Practical Demonstration Involving You
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Time: 8:00AM-4:00PM (breakfast & lunch included)
Location: Austin, Texas
Participants introductory to intermediate level knowledge of coaching, improvement/coaching KATA and TWI will be introduced to a “company” that is challenged by the “customer” to improve a process.
After a brief introduction, each participant will be allocated a role within the “process”. The process will begin this new “team”, each with their new found roles. This is no different than what happens in the real workplace.
The process will run for a period of time, observations made, routines applied and then re-run. This will continue for the day, Improvement Kata, Coaching Kata, JI and JR awareness and capability being built as we go.
How each participant will benefit:
Good habits need to be “started” somewhere. They start via actions that reveal a benefit.
For the above to really occur and be sustained, improving needs to become habitual. Good habits are developed through introduction, then routine and practice.
In this one day hands on workshop, participants will be introduced to, and practice routines, centered on:
- 4 steps of the Improvement Kata, the last being the most “active”
- The Coaching Kata that will navigate you through the 4th step above
- Reducing variation in standard work through application of JI
- Improving process results through people via application of JR
In this session you will learn…
- Why shop floor improvements will likely be invisible to accounting
- Why current metrics will not illustrate Lean improvements
- What manufacturing practitioners can do to create an alliance with accounting
- Why your company’s cost system likely promotes non-Lean behavior
About the Facilitator:
Ben Chopping, from local firms to global conglomerates, Ben has helped 50+ organisations develop staff, achieve change and improve.
His career spans a wide range of fast moving consumer goods.
He started work at age seven. From delivery boy to business manager (and everything between) Ben knows what makes companies tick and loves working with people to optimise them.
Hard working and entrepreneurial, Ben holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) plus several Training Within Industry qualifications.
*NOTE: This workshop is run in affiliation with the TWI and KATA Summits.. You are not required to attend the Summit to participate in this workshop. Simply select only the workshop, and not the Summit, when registering.