Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Time: 8:30AM – NOON (breakfast included)
Location: Austin, Texas
Fundamentals of a Lean Management Accounting System
This is an introductory course. It’s aim is to present an overview of the reasons why lean accounting is important and the new methods that lean manufacturers are using to bring their measurement and accounting processes into line with lean thinking.
In this session you will learn…
- how to gauge the extent to which the problems with traditional accounting are a problem in their own companies
- learn the BMA, Inc “Starter Set” of performance measures
- to understand how value stream costing simplifies the development of costing information
- how to make business decisions using the lean accounting box score
- to develop a plan for eliminating operating and accounting transactions as lean manufacturing is implemented.
About the Facilitator:
Nick Katko has over 20 years experience transforming Accounting into a strategic asset of businesses to provide value-added information and analysis to achieve sustainable growth.
Early pioneer of Lean Accounting, implementing a complete Lean Accounting System as a CFO in the 1990’s in conjunction with company’s lean transformation, resulting in 20% annual productivity gains and record profits.
As both a consultant and contract CFO leveraged this experience, and a technical accounting background, to assist companies in improving their accounting functions resulting in enhanced decision making, revenue growth and cost reduction. Over 10 years of experience improving productivity in accounting and other administrative functions through eliminating waste and creating flow.
• Lean Business Strategy
• Lean Accounting
• Lean Office
• Internal Controls
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Profitability Grow Businesses
• Performance Measurements
• Innovative Leadership
• Problem Solving
• ERP Integration
• Financial Reporting
*NOTE: This workshop is run in affiliation with the Lean Leadership Week, which includes the Lean People Development Summit and Lean Accounting/Management Summit. You are not required to attend the Summit to participate in this workshop. Simply select only the workshop, and not the Summit, when registering.